Celebrate because God is Faithful

God is always faithful.

Take a minute, and let that really sink in. He will always love you, protect you and wait for you to turn to him. His arms are constantly open, ready to embrace you and lift you up.

It is far harder for us, as humans, to be faithful. We are never going to be anywhere near as faithful as God, not even to those we love the most. But we can choose to put our faithfulness to God at the forefront of our busy lives, and let him lead us forwards.

Up until the past year, I was determined to be in charge of my life. I steamrollered ahead with my own selfish desires and stubbornly made my own decisions, based purely on what I wanted. It was during this time that I had a breakdown; where I struggled mentally, lost weight and sleep and felt very alone. And as usual, God stepped in to save the day.

 And, for the first time, ever, I desperately reached out for him and told him that I depended on him to get me through this awful time.

And whilst God offered me comfort, he also made it clear that I had to make some changes in my life, and do some things I would find difficult, in order to get better. Those who know me well will know what I'm talking about. But suffice it to say that God gave me a reality check about the life I had been living, and he needed me to see the error of my ways so I could turn away from that life, for good.

Which I did; thank you God!

I responded to God's faithfulness to me, by offering my own faithfulness back to him. And since then God has overwhelmed me, every day, with the power of his faithfulness.

I have many friends who have prophetic gifts; they have visions and dreams sent from God. Dreams and visions that confirm that God is talking to them and paving their paths in life. I had never experienced such an amazing gift, until two months ago.  

A week before I traveled to Denmark, to take part in a discipleship school, I had a sudden desire to draw. I've always been creative, but I had a very clear vision of what I wanted to draw: Fireworks.

I've never drawn fireworks before, but I just knew that that was what I wanted to sketch. So I bought a black sketch book, different coloured pastels and marker pens and went home and drew three different firework drawings that week.

A week later, I was in Denmark, and my partner told me "that when I got prayed for, I shouldn't expect a sudden change; a sudden fix. That the prayer might be more gradual, like a firework exploding in the sky..." His words. He knew nothing about my drawings.

Two days later, I am telling my friend all about these firework images, and how cool it was that they seemed to have an encouraging message, then, all of a sudden, a firework display started across the city. We heard it, and ran to the front of the building, and she said to me that it was clearly a sign from God. That he was listening and talking to me.



Since then, the theme of  fireworks keep recurring. I dream I can hear them, people talk about them on TV, and a friend of my partner even dreamed about evil spirits exploding in front of his eyes, describing what happened as looking 'like fireworks'...

Without a doubt, I know that God keeps showing these images to me. Fireworks are a symbol of celebration, and I am finally living a life I can celebrate about! When I worry about the future, and I am guilty of doing that quite a lot, the firework images remind me that reasons to celebrate are on the horizon. 

Fireworks are God's promises to me; that he will destroy any evil that tries to stand in the way of me living a Godly life, and that good things are close by, things I can celebrate about with God.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You are Accepted

Do Not be Anxious

Think like Mary