Who is Jesus to you?

In Matthew 16:13-16 is says:

Jesus asked his disciples: 'Who do the people say I am?' They replied, 'Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, Jeremiah or one of the other prophets. 'But what about you?' Jesus asked. 'Who do you say I am?'

As we read on, Peter replies that he knows that Jesus is the Messiah.

The word 'Messiah' is Greek and literally means 'the promised deliverer', the one who was foretold and will deliver his people from their struggles and sins.

I was challenged, a couple of days ago, to really question who I am saying Jesus is. Because, even though I will joyfully tell anyone that Jesus is my saviour, my rock, I struggle sometimes to tell myself when I am suffering that Jesus is also my defender, my rock and my deliverer. He delivers me daily from hardships, persecution, doubts, fears and weaknesses. I am made brand new, and fear leaves me.

If you already have Jesus in your life, question yourself sometimes by asking: 'Who am I saying Jesus is today?' 'Do my actions and words reflect this?'

If you don't know Jesus yet, can I just encourage you to say a short prayer, even if you don't normally pray or even if you have never prayed before, and ask him into your life? Ask him to reveal himself to you. Because he will.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You are Accepted

Do Not be Anxious

Think like Mary