I have arrived!

Finally, I have arrived in Aalborg! 

It's been months in the planning, well, mental planning, but I'm now officially on Danish soil; ready to start an experience that will change my life. Also, I found out on the plane that Denmark has been ranked the second happiest country in the world, hazar!

It's a wonderful, sunny day here in northern Denmark, but the hotel is oddly peaceful at the moment, as I appear to only be the third student to arrive yet. I'm certain the peace won't last long!
There are lots of people arriving tomorrow from all over the world: South Africa, America, Canada, France, Croatia, Kazakhstan, Australia and more, so, no doubt, the hotel will soon be buzzing like a  beehive with activity.

Monday is the day when everything officially starts. I can't believe I was only at home in rainy Birmingham this morning; packing the last of my luggage, giving my cheeky cat a hug and trying, for what seemed like an eternity, to get my filthy, old walking boots actually on my feet (there was no way they were fitting in my suitcase).

It's only a hop, skip and a jump over the ocean though, and I think the next month is going to be completely amazing. Hopefully, you want to keep up to date with everything I'll be getting up to. (Hint hint). But seriously, you're all wonderful, and thank you for all of the support you have given me to get to this point.

One of my closest friends wrote me a card before I left, in which she wrote me down a Bible verse that she thought would be encouraging for me (as she knows me so well!). This is the verse she chose:

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know the testing of your faith produces perseverance"  James 1: 2-4

A lot of you will know that I have faced trials lately, and even though the hard times do go eventually,  it doesn't stop the fact that life can feel like a massive struggle at times. We all have our crosses to bear. So, this verse was exactly what I needed to hear, when I needed to hear it. Some might say that was a coincidence, but I think not. Some might also say that it was a coincidence that this particular verse was also the verse of the day today, on my Bible app, but I think not! 

God is good.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You are Accepted

Do Not be Anxious

Think like Mary