You are Accepted

A promise is a very special, important and binding deal made between friends. When you promise to do something, believe in something or help with something you are stating emphatically that you WILL do it. Promises are so desired by all kinds of people, that even little children make promises with their friends, because they crave the security and intimacy of their friendships. 

It is sad, that as the years go on promises are made much too easily and without a great deal of thought or genuine intent. Husbands and wives promise not to leave each other, friends promise to be there for one another during hard times and families promise that they will always be there. However, these promises are frequently broken, whether by choice or by circumstance. This destruction of a promise does much to harm and confuse us, where it hurts, in our heart and soul.

However, when we trust in God we are putting our trust in someone that is incapable of lying, unwilling to be disloyal and unable to be anything other than steadfast. His person and his character are as solid as a rock.

The Lord is my solid rock, my fortress, my rescuer. My God is my rock - I take refuge in him! He is my shield, my salvation’s strength, my place of safety’.
Psalm 18:2

God makes us many promises in the Bible, and they are not to be pushed aside and disregarded. They are to be studied by us, then understood by us, then formed as a finite part of our lives and faith. When God makes you a promise, it is forever. It is not based on a human decision, human friendships or even human love, it is based on God’s steadfastness of character, his unending love and his acceptance of us as his children.

God’s grace is awesome, and I am in awe of it whenever I think on it. He knows that we have all sinned and fallen short, but he loves us so much that he sent Jesus to die for our sins so that we might live a sinless life through him and obtain salvation. God accepts us when we repent of our sins (regularly!), get baptised in water and then baptised in the Holy Spirit. He longs to accept us all, if we choose to follow him.

So, when you struggle to see that Christ has accepted you and embraced you as his child, then renounce the lies that you are rejected, unloved and shameful. In Christ you are Accepted. God says you are:
  • I am God’s child - John 1:12
  • I am Christ’s friend - John 15:5
  • I have been justified - Romans 5:1
  • I am united with the Lord and I am one spirit with him - 1 Corinthians 6:17
  • I have been bought at a price. I belong to God - 1 Corinthians 19-20
  • I am a member of Christ’s body - 1 Corinthians 12:27
  • I am a saint, a Holy one - Ephesians 1:1
  • I have been adopted as God’s child - Ephesians 1:5
  • I have direct access to God through his Holy Spirit - Ephesians 2:18
  • I have been redeemed and forgiven of all my sins - Colossians 1:14
  • I am complete in Christ - Colossians 2:10







As I said in my last post, keep these promises written down with you, so that you are always ready to stand firm against the devil’s schemes. Never forget, the devil’s desire is to make you feel unloved, unimportant and unaccepted. So, be prepared for his fiery arrows. However, he will never be able to overcome the word of God.
‘Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armour of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore, put on the full armour of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for the Lord’s people’. 
Ephesians 6:10-18






Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Do Not be Anxious

Think like Mary