You are Secure

Security. Whether it’s the lock on your front door, the key to your safety deposit box, the wedding ring on your finger or the password protection on your laptop, we all crave security and stability. And why do we crave it so much? What does security provide us with? I believe the fundamental reason we crave the feeling of security so much, is because we long for protection. We want to protect our families, loved ones, property, money etc. We want the things we care for to be safe.

And whilst there are more and more measures being introduced every single day to protect the things we love, accidents always happen, evil happens. Thieves break into houses. Keys go missing. Marriages break up. Laptops get hacked. There is only so much security we can put into our lives today. One of the hardest things, I think we as humans go through, is the pain of losing the ones we love. This is one of the things that reminds us that we are not in control. And, ultimately, what happens to all of the other things we love? Like our house, our stuff, our financial stability? We all know well enough, that we cannot take it with us.

So, I ask you, what is it that you possess, that is worth the most? What is worth more than everything else you own put together? What is worth the price of Jesus? Your soul and spirit.

What good is it, to have everything else in your life secure, when your soul is not? That’s like putting your empty jewellery box into the safe but leaving your ruby ring on the table, for a thief to walk in and steal. If your soul is not secure then what does the security of everything else really matter? It is your soul and spirit that God cares about.

Well, I have the best news in the entire world for you, God promises that those who believe in him and his Son and do what he asks them are SECURE. You are not partially secure, you are completely secure. It may be hard for some of you to believe. It may be that you rarely feel secure, and you struggle to imagine what true security feels like. But God has promised you. You are secure, you are in his loving care.

The righteous person may have many troubles, but the Lord delivers him from them all’.
Psalm 34:19

So, renounce the lies that you are guilty, unprotected, alone and abandoned. In Christ you are secure.
  • I am free from condemnation - Romans 8:1-2
  • I am assured that all things work together for good - Romans 8:28
  • I am free from from any condemning charges against me - Romans 8:31-34
  • I cannot be separated from the love of God - Romans 8:35-39
  • I have been established, anointed and sealed by God - 2 Corinthians 1:21-22
  • I am confident that the good work that God has started in me will be perfected - Philippians 1:6
  • I am a citizen of heaven - Philippians 3:20
  • I am hidden with Christ in God - Colossians 3:3
  • I have not been given a spirit of fear, but of power, love and self control - 2 Timothy 1:7
  • I can find grace and mercy to help in time of need - Hebrews 4:16
  • I am born of God and the evil one cannot touch me - 1 John 5:18
When you are born again, I think your focus shifts. More specifically, your focus on security shifts. Yes, you still care about physical security, but your spiritual security becomes the priority. You suddenly remember who it is you are fighting. Who it is that wants you to feel insecure, that tries to tell you that God is not with you, that he is not your rock solid foundation. Your spiritual security should be your number one focus, and if you are not focusing on it and praying defensively then you really should be! Never underestimate your insecurities, because they come directly from the devil. The only way to get rid of them is to rely on Jesus, to pray, to read your Bible to declare God’s promises over you, to walk in faith, even when it is hard.

I give them eternal life and they shall never perish; no one shall snatch them out of my hand. My Father is greater than all and no one shall snatch them out of His hand.
John 10:28-30 

True security comes from God, from your faith in him to deliver you from spiritual and physical evils. Make sure that your soul and spirit are secure before you worry about anything else. Never forget, that God thinks your soul and spirit are worth the price of Jesus.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You are Accepted

Do Not be Anxious

Think like Mary